Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday Night Miscellany

Hola darlings! I did not do a FNM last week, and I'm not doing one tonight, either. I'm just not in a very light-hearted or ironic mood, both of which I need to see the news in a certain light and convey it that way to you. As you know if you read here, starting last week we had horrid weather. There are floods all over, rivers cresting their banks that never flooded before; in the past week I think we've had more than a foot of rain in Greenfield, WI where I live, and we're by no means the worst hit. There were more storms last night, horrible storms. I'm terrified of lightning, after having witnessed a telephone receiver struck out of my mom's hand when I was just a wee little lass. Wouldn't you know it, the house was constantly lit up with lightning last night during storms 1 and 2 (they came through in sequence, five altogether, from about 7:00 p.m. through about 5:00 a.m. this morning). I didn't get much sleep. I had off today - good thing. I'd have not been much good at the office! Since I got up late this morning (after 7:00 a.m.) it has not rained, and we are promised a mostly rain-free day tomorrow. I will try and get the grass cut then, but frankly, the ground is so soggy and mushy it's unpleasant to be out on the lawn! One piece of good news: Goddesschess has now lined up two of three local events for our latest project (more about this at a later time). Now we're looking for a local event in Las Vegas to be held this year. It can be a state event with local players, an international event with local players, a scholastic event, an event hosted by a club that regularly hosts tournaments. Any suggestions, please let me know by emailing me at jlnatty "at" yahoo.com. So far, I haven't had much luck finding information about chess in Las Vegas on the internet - except for the expected "Las Vegas Open", etc.

2 comments:

Glenn Wilson said...

Did you try looking here?

If appropriate I'd appreciate a link to my chess blog Houston Chess where I've been blogging about Chess in Houston (and the world) since 2003. Also, please consider checking out and linking to ChessFlash -- a new Flash Based Chess Viewer than can be embedded in chess blogs. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

If appropriate I'd appreciate a link to these chess blogs, too:

http://www.thefidetrainer.blogspot.com/

and

http://www.aseanagegroups.blogspot.com/

Both are among the World's best blogs.

Take a look here:

http://thefidetrainer.blogspot.com/2008/06/
radical-but-long-overdue-changes-in.html

for changes in chess rules.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...