Thursday, June 12, 2008

Raising Money for 2008 Chess Olympiad Teams

I came across the Canadian Chess Federation's website tonight while doing research on another topic, and saw how they are soliciting funds to send a men's and, if enough money is raised, a women's team to the upcoming 2008 Chess Olympiad in Dresden, Germany later this year. Please check it out. And then compare their approach to the approach of the United States Chess Federation, which I found totally underwhelming and unconvincing - I mean, why would anyone contribute money to THIS when they could be part of an exciting fund-raising event for the Canadians! Kudos to whomever put together the fund-raising portion of the website for the 2008 Olympiad - well done! I'll contribute a few dollars myself, just because it was such an excellent solicitation.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...