Saturday, October 25, 2008

Happy Squirrels!

Today I ventured forth to do a list of errands: (1) ice melt (2) mulch (3) birdseed and sunflower seed (4) gasoline (5) wine - lots of wine. Mission accomplished! When I got home, I put out some sunflower seeds for the squirrels, along with some fresh peanuts, and whistled for my furry little buddies to come eat. They appeared within seconds. It never ceases to amaze me. My whistling leaves much to be desired - I'm sure a bird can't hear me from 6 feet away. Still, they come. Check out this little guy or gal - photo from Bishek, Kyrgyzstan. The hair around the ears - how cute is that? Sort of reminds me of GM Alexander Khalifman's hair back in 1999, when he won the FIDE World Chess Championship in Las Vegas.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...