Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday Night - Whew!

It's been a whirlwind weekend. I've been working on my Chessville column (still far from finished), I went shopping, shovelled out the driveway (finished the last part this morning in below zero windchill, brrrrrr), watched the Packers LOSE again, blogged, read the paper and clipped coupons, watched President-Elect Obama on Meet the Press, dragged out the artificial Christmas tree (what a fiasco that was - but in the end I managed to put all of the parts back together in a reasonable facsimile of a live tree), cooked a casserole, vacuumed, ate, started decorating the tree, am still decorating the tree... Now it's time for "The Cutting Edge" my favorite all-time figure-skating movie to come on commercial t.v., and so I'm signing off and will watch the movie downstars in the living room while I finish decorating the tree. This year I'm going with a more "minimalist" look than in prior years - no gold beads this year, no pearl beads this year, and probably only 2/3rd of all the ornaments I own will go on. I forgot how bright the tree is when plugged in! And with the lights around the ceiling-high round top window at the front of the house (I never got around to taking those lights down last year), I light up the entire neighborhood :) Good night, darlings.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...