Saturday, December 13, 2008
Friday, December 12, 2008
Unbelievable news stories out this past week - I couldn't make up some of this stuff if I tried. Yeah, I know I keep saying that, but it's true!
Asshole in Charge of Zimbabwe Denies Cholera Epidemic - even as more and more graves are being dug. The hapless and helpless UN says the whole country could be consumed with the epidemic while Mugabe denies there is a problem. What's the old saying - a picture is worth a thousand words... I would not be surprised if an entire generation of Zimbabweans are wiped out by the epidemic. It's always the children and women who suffer the most - sonsofbitch men who run the world could care less, of course. Well - they will care - A WHOLE LOT - when there aren't any women left to rape, er, marry and breed more chattel (children) to work the fields and use for cannon fodder in endless wars. Get this, the Zimbabwean government is now claiming that the cholera epidemic is a plot by the British Government! I do not understand, no, I will never understand, why someone with a rifle has not taken out Mugabe to end that particular problem in Zimbabwe. President-Elect Obama, please appoint Tom Clancy as head of the CIA.
Respected Wall Street Investment Manager/Market-Maker Defrauded Investors of Billions: Does it feel any different for someone who thought he/she was a billionaire to suddenly realize they don't have any money left than it does for the average wage-earner in this country ($45,000 a year), struggling to make ends meet, having their 401(k) wiped out in a few days by the October stock market crash and the value of their home decrease by 40% (or more) over two years? Somehow, I just can't rummage up much sympathy for the billionaires who may no longer be so because they entrusted their money to a lying fraud.
This dude may have defrauded investors of up to $50 billion. Ironic, isn't it, that the Republicans in the House blocked legislation to lend $14 billion to the Big Three automakers because the United Auto Workers Union representing the average Joe workers refused to accept some ridiculous concessions the Republicans wanted to impose on money that is a LOAN to the auto makers (what about some concessions and give-backs from the millionaire fat cats who managed the companies all the way into the ground???), and this Wall Street dude lost $50 billion through lying and cheating his clients! The Republicans are up in arms about the hairy Democrat Governor from Illinois with the unpronounceable name who is being charged with attempting to "sell" President-Elect Obama's now vacant Senate seat for personal gain, but the Wall Street dude who ripped people off for $50 billion doesn't merit a mention by any of the Republican Congressmen or Senators. Hmmmm.... Where is Elliott Spitzer when you need him? Oh - the fat cats sure got rid of him, didn't they... No New York attorney general sniffing around the Wall Street boobies now. I expect Bernard Madoff will plead diminished capacity by reason of Alzheimers, or some such, and he'll never spend a second in prison.
My heart bleeds (not) for the fat cats who got ripped off by one of their own. The Wall Street Journal coverage today said Madoff was turned in by his own sons. Wonder what the motive was behind THAT move? Greed? Trying to save what's left of the family company for themselves and their posterity? Did they actually have - consciences? Geez, what a concept - uber-rich SOBs having a conscience! Madoff put us his Manhattan penthouse as security for his $10,000,000 bail. Yeah, it just breaks me up. Cough, cough. The last thing he wanted to do before he got arrested was dole out some of the last $200 to $300 million left in bonuses for his loyal employees, friends and family. My heart just bleeds.
Some of the Wall Street Regulars figured Madoff was cheating - and they (all unnamed, of course) specifically invested with Madoff BECAUSE they figured he was cheating -- they thought he was trading on "insider" information. They just didn't figure that he was cheating with a classic Ponzie scheme. I mean - how outre, darlings! A Ponzie scheme! Har!
Health Care in Canada - here's hoping whatever plan the Obama Administration comes up with isn't like what they have in Canada - euuuuuwwwwww! Within months of each other, horrendous stories about people who arrived for emergency treatment ending up dying in the waiting rooms:
- September 23, 2008: The 45-year-old arrived by taxi at the Health Sciences Centre around 3 p.m. Friday from the Health Action Centre, a community health centre in central Winnipeg, where he had an earlier appointment, officials said. He was found dead after midnight Sunday.
- December 12, 2008 inquest into death that occurred on January 11, 2008: Man arrives at emergency clinic blue in the face, with difficulty breathing and in obvious distress, told to sit down. He died sometime while seated, and someone in the waiting room dialed 911 in an attempt to learn how to do CPR on the man. Unbelievable explanation as to why no one on the medical staff acted to remove the now deceased patient from the waiting room - the doctor who took (and evidently found n0) pulse thought it would be treated by the police as the scene of a crime. Evidently dying for lack of care in an emergency clinic in Montreal is now a crime. Oh those Frenchies, what will they think of next???
Albinos in Tanzania are being targeted for blood and body parts in aid of black magic. What century are we living in???
Time to dance around the room for 30 minutes to songs such as Love Shack (B-52s) and get my aerobic work-out in. 'night.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Sunday, December 7, 2008
- December 6: "Bast guards the Two Lands; Day of offerings to the Shemsu (followers) of Ra"
- December 23: The Egyptian Festival of the Great Heat; Feast Day of Het-Hert (Hathor)
- December 25: Birth of Heru (Horus) the child of Aset (Isis); the Going forth of Wadjet singing in Heliopolis; the Day of Elevating the Great Netjert (Goddess) in all Her names & manifestations
Now if those don't sound like celebrations of the Virgin Mary, the birth of Christ and the singing of carols some 2600 years beforehand, I don't know what does!
Here are some Roman Catholic holy days and days of remembrance from around this time of year:
- December 6: Feast of St. Nicholas (St. Nick's Eve is when the candy-stuffed stockings magically appeared on our bedsteads, much to our amazed eyes and hungry mouths the morning of December 6). According to Wikipedia, in 1809, the New-York Historical Society convened and retroactively named Sancte Claus (a/k/a St. Nicholas) the patron saint of Nieuw Amsterdam, the Dutch name for New York City
- December 8: Feast of the Immaculate Conception (Virgin Mary is conceived miraculously by her mother, St. Elizabeth, thereby avoiding the taint of "original sin")
- December 12: Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe (a dark-skinned reincarnation of the Egyptian Goddess Het-hert [Hathor] as the Virgin Mary, standing on a "crescent Moon," not only denoting the ancientness of this lunar goddess, but also representing Hathor's ancient Horns of Power and Authority over mankind)
- December 25: Christmas (celebration of the birth of the Christ)
- December 25 - January 5: The Twelve Days of Christmas - ancient traditional end-of-year celebration from pre-Christian days -- lots of feasting, always-burning fires and lights were critical during this time, especially in the northern countries where the shortest days of the year were around the Winter Solstice
- January 1: Solemnity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, The Mother of God (supposed to be a day of reflection and contemplation at the start of the New Year)
- January 6: Feast of the Three Wise Men (the ancient Magi from Persia arrived in Bethelem some months after the birth of Christ, heralded by a "miraculous star" that appeared in the Eastern sky as a sign of this momentous birth; they brought expensive gifts with them and gave them to the parents of Jesus, who were subsequently forced to flee to Egypt - according to one tradition - when King Herod was hunting for the Christ child to kill him. Since Joseph and Mary were poor people, it was probably these gifts of gold, frankincense and myhrr that sustained the small family during their years in Egypt)