Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Brrrrrrr!

Windchills have dropped to between 30 and 40 below zero F - no way I'm going to work tomorrow or Friday - can't make the walk to the bus stop without risking frostbite and I'm too cheap to pay the $60 round trip it would take for a taxi (including tip) to go to and from the office. Arrrggggh! I hate using "paid time off" days for something like this. On the plus side, I will be able to continue the total tear-down and revamp of the upstairs bedrooms. The weather is supposed to turn on Saturday and I'll be headed to the office to make up for lost time. In the meantime, I hope to make further progress on switching out the upstairs rooms here. Tomorrow I tackle the bookcases, eek! The past several days I've been experimenting with printing out photos since dondelion and my return from Las Vegas. I've also been experimenting with "effects" and printing photos in "grey scale" (something offered in my Microsoft images program) and "black and white" (something offered in my Ritz Pics program). Now if I could only figure out how to get my specially doctored-up Microsoft images to print centered in 5x7 or 8x10 size on my photo paper, I would be a very happy camper. But I haven't been able to figure that out, drat! Ritz Pics does print out beautifully centered photos with a nice border all the way around, but the photo quality cannot be adjusted and is not as crisp and clear as what I can generate in the Microsoft images program. So, I've been tinkering, and tinkering, and tinkering...so much so, I've been neglecting just about everything else! On the other hand, I have managed to produce some absolutely stunning photo prints. And - I may have found a sort-of solution -- tonight I discovered that I can import images from "My Photos" into the Ritz Pics program! It is in "My Photos" that I can do the digital magic to create special effects on an image, so I will do some further experimenting...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...