Friday, April 3, 2009

Lost in Austen

Ohmygoddess! I had no idea this book and movie existed until a week or so ago, when I happened to come across a reference to it while I was hunting out things to blog about here. Three or four nights ago, I did a search at You Tube, not knowing if I'd find anything, and found it! Unfortunately, it's totally disjointed and you have to click here and then there to try and piece it all together, and I did not succeed in doing that, watching 30 second snippets from several different sources, it was horrid - but what I did manage to view was absolutely SO FAB and it whetted my appetite for more. I enjoyed "Pride and Prejudice" (the 1940, 1996 and 2006 versions) and Bollywood's take-off, "Bride and Prejudice," in fact, when I feel a need to cheer myself up I play the "Bride and Prejudice" DVD and dance all around the family room. It never fails to bring a smile to my face, especially remembering the summer of 2007 during Isis and Michelle's visit when we all entertained dondelion, who was regally stretched out on the sofa like some grey-goateed raja, with our energetic if inexpert dancing to the Indian rock-and-roll rythyms pulsing from the DVD. I have a feeling that "Lost in Austen" will do the same to lift my sagging spirts during this never-ending winter. So tonight I'm pre-ordering the DVD from Amazon.com - it's due for release on April 14th. Oh, I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...