Saturday, April 4, 2009

Polgar Chess University

The Polgar Chess University (PCU), launched on April 1, 2009, is offering the following special (all information from Susan Polgar's blog): Sign up now for a one year plan and get an additional three bonus months plus one year of World Chess Live membership FREE! For just about $1.50 per week, you can learn from the best! Just enter the code “SuperNationals” when you sign up.
  • Affordable Chess Training with World-Class Instructors!
  • Weekly Classes for Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced levels!
  • Classes are personally being conducted by me and many other World-Class Chess Trainers!
Polgar Chess University: My brand new online chess training program where students of all levels, no matter where they live, have an opportunity to learn chess from some of the best instructors in the game. I created this online school with the dream of bringing expert advice and training to chess enthusiasts around the world at a very affordable cost. I developed the structured curriculum, personally teaching many of the courses along with other top chess players and professional instructors who will be joining the faculty as the school grows. Polgar Chess University is initially offered in this format:
  • Courses identified by level - Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced
  • Three general courses, one at each level, run concurrently
  • Course lessons are prerecorded lectures that may be viewed at your convenience
  • A new lesson in each course is offered each week, on Mondays
  • Earlier lessons may be retrieved from the library at no extra cost
More specialized courses, especially for teachers, along with special guests and events, are planned for the future. Please visit http://www.polgarchessuniversity.com/ for more information.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've paid $100 but can not get lessons. World Chess Live doesn't provide support.

Jan said...

Hello Anonymous at 6:52 p.m.

I am not certain how this all works, as I have not signed up for lessons at PCU and am not at member at World Chess Live. I'm guessing here - have you downloaded the software you need from World Chess Live? You get a a full membership in World Chess Live as part of your package at PCU, and you must have some kind of format to play on. So perhaps you need to do that first.

I would try that first, and if that does not work, perhaps email GM Polgar if you cannot find a "Questions/Answers" or "Support" area at PCU and/or World Chess Live.

Good luck with your lessons! I had no idea how much the lessons would cost. For $100, I'm very tempted to sign up myself. I need to think about this more - do I want to commit the time? Hmmm....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...