Saturday, November 14, 2009

Jane Austen and Chess

A watercolor portrait of Jane Austen, c. 1815, artist unknown. I was cleaning out some old papers in my den/library tonight and I came across something I printed off on July 13, 2000: It was a url link that I wrote "Rewrite of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice interwoven with historical chess games!" The old url no longer worked but the site still exists (that's amazing, in and of itself), and provided a search directory for relocated articles. And thus, I found the new url. I haven't read it - I've no idea how long it is but I expect it's plenty long. It was written by "Bill" - I don't know who Bill is, and I never did get to those chess games. But for what it is worth, here is A Worthy Opponent.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...