Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Squirrel News

(Photo: Albi the Squirrel - see story below)
It's been a while since I wrote about my squirrels. I'm happy to report that there are as many as ever, and they all look nice and fat and healthy. No gimpy squirrels, but there is one who seems to be exhibiting early symptoms of the twitchy disease. I hope it will survive the winter. It looks young - usually it strikes older squirrels. That worries me. When I sell this house, which if all goes according to plan (very iffy at this point), will close on February 26, 2010, the squirrels should be able to make it into spring on their own. I am giving them extra provisions this winter that they are diligently burying -- the entire yard may one day be an almond orchard :) There will most likely be new squirrels at the new house, which is right next to a very tiny pocket park with three very tall oak trees. But I will miss my squirrels here. Here is some squirrel news: Ralph the squirrel goes free.. Posted Monday, December 14, 2009, at 4:14 PM (Ralph is actually a she) Hope for Red Squirrels in Merseyside BBC News Page last updated at 13:28 GMT, Wednesday, 9 December 2009 I don't know how I managed to miss this: Rocky and Bullwinkle celebrate 50 years as a happy couple (sort of reminds me of Mr. Don and I, har!) Moose and Squirrel Celebrate Their 50th Anniversary Robert J. Elisberg Columnist and screenwriter Posted: November 19, 2009 03:30 PM White Squirrels Thrive in Marionville Reported by: Rob Evans Tuesday, Dec 1, 2009 @05:38am CST And they thrive in Dorking, England too, where the death of Albi, a white squirrel, generated buzz around the world White squirrel death goes global Page last updated at 16:10 GMT, Monday, 23 November 2009

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...