Monday, May 3, 2010

On the Mend

I'm on the road to feeling human again, thank Goddess!  The antibiotics are slowly doing their job.  Yesterday the second half of the day I couldn't stand having my glasses on - which really puts a nix on things I can do since I'm pretty much blind without them!  Couldn't read, couldn't really work on the computer, I watched some t.v.  I felt like I had a vise around the top of my head most of yesterday; fortunately, that disappeared today.  My face is sitll tender from the swollen sinuses, and my glands are WAY swollen; both ears are still plugged. 

But there has been progress.  I sat out in the sun for 20 minutes last evening, and I actually felt steady enough this morning to work outside for a couple of hours (it was nice enough to do so).  After about 5 minutes of raking and later pushing the lawnmower around, I broke a sweat and could feel the mucus breaking up in my chest and head and started coughing more easily (i.e., without hurting myself).  So, the Nurse Practitioner was right when she said that exercise would help loosen the mucus and phlegm.  Sucking in hot moist air helps too, but I can't stand in the shower for more than 10 minutes, it drives me batty.  A couple of times this afternoon I also spent some time wrapped up in a blanket sitting on the deck letting the sun bake me a bit :) 

So - back to the office tomorrow.  I'll see if I can get a full day in.

The only good thing to come out of this has been a 6 pound weight loss - in six days.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...