|Packers fans tailgate outside Soldiers Field before game time - from|
Milwaukee/Journal Sentinel online game coverage.
As I was going through my pre-game shopping checklist and stopped in the liquor department for my must-have wine, I noted several shoppers with a cart FULL of beer, booze and wine. BIG parties are obviously planned - I had to laugh. Me, I'm watching the game by myself so I can hoot and holler and curse at the t.v. without restraint.
1. TV works - check.
2. Back-up TV works - check.
3. Radio works - check.
4. Back-up radio works - check.
5. Stocked up on cheap wine - check.
6. Snacks - check.
7. Badger baked ham - check. Badger baked ham is the BEST and it is NEVER on sale. The Patrick Cudahy ham tastes like crap and is ALWAYS on sale - $2 a pound less. Silly people were buying the Patirck Cudahy ham - they will be sorry...
8. Rye bread - check.
9. Bread spread - check.
10. Swiss cheese - check.
11. Cucumber salad - check. It's expensive - I only splurge on special occasions - and this is a premiere special occasion!
In honor of the day I thawed out the "chocolate lovers' chocolate cake" that Sis sent to me as part of my Omaha Steaks gift pack - YUM! I couldn't resist - I had two pices this morning for breakfast with my one cup of coffee for the day and munched with delight while I read the Sunday Journal/Sentinel. Tonight to celebrate a Packers win I have filet mignon, fresh green peas and apple tartlets for dessert. DOUBLE YUM!
I just checked the latest line on betting Packers-Bears - not that I understand how all this works, but it appears at the moment that the Packers are favored by a point spread of 3.5 to 4 points. Everyone is anticipating a hard-fought, close game. I hope my heart can stand it.
I'm wearing my lucky Packers 1996 NFC Champions sweatshirt, along with my magic gold beads - which only come out on very special occasions (the sweatshirt still looks brand new, but I have to say it has gotten smaller over the years - I will still a babe in 1996 and had a babe's shape back then - now I'm fighting off grandma bushka mode. I'm set!