Sunday, October 30, 2011

Chess Lessons!

I did it.  I've hired a chess coach.  My first lesson will be on November 14th after work.  We'll work once a week for an hour or so, depending on what the weather is, of course, as we'll be going into winter and blizzards, sleet storms and way below zero temperatures will happen.  The location is very convenient, Southridge Mall, so I can just ride all the way there from the office downtown and not have to get off the bus; going home, I can jump on the bus and turn a 40 minute walk home into a 10 minute ride and 12 minute walk.

I'm excited, but also a little scared.  What if it turns out I can't learn how to play any better?

P.S.  I am giving new consideration to my friend, Brian Wall's, book - How to Play Chess Like an ANIMAL!

3 comments:

Eugene Wee said...

We need to come up with a name for the irrational fear of being unable to improve in chess :P

Jan said...

LOL! Thanks, Eugene.

Anonymous said...

Chessrutaphobia?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...