Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday Night Miscellany

Hola! It's late, and I'm tired, so this will be short (yeah, I always say that, don't I, lol!) First of all - important news! It snowed here on 2/25 - some 3 inches. Not enough for me to pull out the shovel after the season we've had and five foot high snow banks on either side of my driveway (I can't get the shovel up over them now) persuaded me to wait until spring and let it melt (I hoped). The demon snow plow driver came through the next morning (2/26), but he didn't hit my home-made bomb hidden in the depths of an iced-over snow bank on the south side at the end of my driveway, purposely constructed to jut out into the road so that he would hit it. Drat! But - it snowed again last night, tee hee hee. Three more inches. I took off work today just to shovel out, since freezing rain was forecast and temperatures, while forecast to get into the low 30's today, were also supposed to drop down to 14F tonight - you know what that means. Yes, more ice upon ice upon ice, and I'd have to put iceskates on my hands in addition to those on my feet just to move around outdoors. It seemed prudent to take the time to shovel out the driveway since there was now more than 6 inches of snow/ice coating it, or I'd be skating down to the road from my front door at least until the end of June. And so, I was outside shoveling when the plow came through, about 7:25 a.m. He was on the opposite side of the street at first, but then he did a u-turn at the corner and came back up my side of the street. While I stood there, shovel in hand, half-way down the drive struggling to shovel out a 3-foot wide pathway for myself, he drove by at full speed, piling up a fresh 2 foot high bank of snow boulders at the base of my driveway. Words cannot express my thoughts at that moment... And then, it happened. A miracle. About a block away, the front end of his plow went KABOOM and fell off the garbage truck in a mangled, crumpled mess of molten steel. Evidently one of my ice-encrusted bombs hit paydirt. Tee hee hee. Unfortunately, only the plow was killed, not the demon driver himself. Drat! I will try again... For your reading pleasure: Bigfoot at Berkeley (new basketball recruit?) Oh crap - scientist creating a "life form" that will "eat" carbon dioxide. Trees "eat" carbon dioxide and produce oxygen, which human beings breath. What will happen to the trees if they don't get enough to eat? They'll die. We're already screaming and yelling about the destruction of the trees in the Amazon basin. Not enough oxygen, HUMANS DIE. End of story. Duh! Steampunk Magazine? Oh puleeeeze... Attorneys are (fill in your own words here) or, reasons why I stopped practicing law five years after I graduated from law school: 'night, darlings!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...