Friday, January 23, 2009

Brazen Dog Shoplifts!

Hola darlings! I found this article from the December 26, 2008 Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel sitting on my footstool in the family room - buried under tons of investment club stuff! I think I must not have published it, but it's so cute, I just have to pass it along. When I did a search I found it reported at dozens of websites/blogs. The original information as reported in my local newspaper was from KSL-TV: www.ksl.com (There's a link to the surveillance video at the end of this piece - just too funny!) Here's the story: Pooch grabs bone, makes getaway Associated Press (December 26, 2008) Murray, Utah - A thief remains at large after pulling off a daring heist - in the pet food aisle. Surveillance video at a supermarket in this Salt Lake City suburb caught a dog shoplifting, KSL-TV reported Wednesday. The video showed the dog walking in the front door of Smith's Food & Drug in Murray and heading straight to Aisle 16, the pet food aisle, where it grabbed a bone worth $2.79. The thief wasn't even perturbed by a face-to-face confrontation with store manager Roger Adamson. "I looked at him. I said "Drop it!" Adamson said. "He looked at me, and I looked at him, and he ran for the door and away he went, right out the front door."
*****************************
LOL! Here's another take on the story from the Examiner.com: Shoplifting dog caught on surveillance camera-video December 26, 2:37 AM by Helena Sung, Pet News Examiner Tongues and tails are wagging about a shoplifting dog in Murray, Utah. The canine--who appears on surveillance video to be a gray Siberian Husky--coolly ambled into a supermarket on Christmas Day. After sniffing a young girl near the cash registers, the dog wandered further into the store where his super sense of smell led him directly to Aisle 16--the pet food aisle. The dog picked out a rawhide bone worth $2.79 and headed for the exit when he was confronted by the store's manager, Roger Adamson. "I said, 'drop it!'" Adamson recalled, but the dog chose to ignore the unreasonable request. "I decided I wanted to keep all my fingers, so I didn't try to take it from him." The dog turned away and sauntered out the front door, daring anyone to follow him. Humans, delighted at the tale, can watch the video here...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...