Thursday, August 13, 2009

Shira Chess Challenge: Graduation Day for Class 2!

Photo: Some of the kids at the Portugal orphanage during a lesson with Shira about the Leapster. IT'S GRADUATION DAY!!!!! The children of the second class at the orphanage in Portugal have reached graduation day after completing the classes on how to use their Leapsters. Every child gets a certificate for her/his accomplishment. While it's a brief video and choppy - mine lost sound toward the end (don't know if it's a computer thing or a video thing) - it is evident that the children cherish receiving their certificates of graduation, even if they try to act cool like they don't care. (You Tube video) I admit it - I'm a softy. This video chokes me up. Portugal was the last stop on the calendar for the Computer Labs for Kids Foundation this year. But a whole new schedule is being put together for 2010. As you can imagine, there is more need out there in that big old beautiful world of ours than there are Shiras to help fill those needs. Where will Shira go? Which kids, out of so many with so much need, will be visited by the Computer Labs for Kids? Stay tuned. Shira hasn't realized it yet but I've permanently attached her to my left hip! So when she knows, I'll know, and I'll pass the information along to you, darlings! AND ----- Shira and I are cooking up something -- don't know if anything will come of it, we'll see. I'll be meeting with my primary Goddesschess partners next week in Las Vegas (celebrating my birthday - I'm officially turning 39 again) and I'll put forth my ideas to them. If they approve (I will relentlessly browbeat them until they do) then we'll be researching for some suitable opportunities -- I will soon be starting a third full-time career. OY! In the meantime, that three-game chess match between Shira the Relentless and JanXena the Chess Incompetent is coming up fast!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...