Saturday, March 7, 2009

Lots of Chess News to Catch Up

Hola! Today it's wet and dreary outside; it started raining about 4 a.m. and has been raining since; right now it's slowing down just a bit so I may venture out to the supermarket and get some fresh air. This time of year I just can't stand being cooped up indoors for too long - cabin fever is in full force! I spent the past couple of hours updating the investment club's records and getting ready to do our taxes. We've been buying selected companies and while the value of our portfolio continues to go south (we're down 21.46% overall) we are confident that once the economy starts turning around our bargain-basement purchases will blossom like the lush roses they are and we'll be laughing all the way to the bank :)) The Ataturk Women Masters has started - the first of the Women's Grand Prix events (we'll see how far the Women's Grand Prix goes); the 2009 European Individual Women's Chess Championship has also started. I'm behind reporting at Chess Femme News a good 2 months, so today I will concentrate on recording past events at CFN and won't be blogging too much. The bathroom remains unpainted, and it's bare walls are crying out to me - but I discovered, much to my horror, that all of my painting equipment is gone! I was totally baffled until I deduced that I must have taken all of it over to Ann's house when we painted her bedroom, shortly after she moved in. And I never got it back. So - I need to venture out to the dollar store to see if they have a paint pan and rollers and if they do not, then I'll go next store to the Ace Hardware store. Well, it was time I replaced some of that ancient stuff anyway. But this is the type of day where I just want to snuggle under a down throw and take a nice long nap, and not do much of anything. So - I shall valiantly struggle against my nature for as long as possible, and then settle underneath that down throw. Maybe light a fire - yeah, that sounds good.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...