Monday, August 12, 2019

2019 FIDE World Cup

The 2019 FIDE World Cup event is set to start and the pairings are up for Round 1.  I won't be following the men's event because, frankly - I find them boring, but there are six Americans playing:  GM Wesley So (seems like a nice young man, GM Sam Shankland (who once declared after a dismal performance at, I believe, a U.S. Chess Championship some years ago that he was quitting, quitting, quitting the game forever), GM Hikaru Nakamura (I get bad vibes from this dude), GM Leinier Dominguez Perez (don't know who this player is), GM Samuel Sevian (been reading about him off and on since he was a promising kid - what am I saying, he's only 18!), and GM Jeffery Xiong (don't know who this player is). 

Action is set to start with Round 1 September 10 - 12, 2019.  Good luck, dudes.

Some information on the 2019 FIDE World Cup at Revolvy website.
Official website.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...