My chess friends in Montreal are looking for IMs and WGMs to play in the Quebec Open (July 21 - 28, 2012)!!!! A nice prize fund and FREE accomodations for IMs and WGMs!!! PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO WGMs for the free accomodations.
The playing venue (pictured below) will be at the gorgeous College Brebeuf! Come and fall in love with fabulous, beautiful Montreal! (Be sure to visit Cafe Pi for pick-up games with the locals).
The Quebec Open Chess Championship (July 21-28 2012) is looking for International Masters and Women Grandmasters.
- This is a great opportunity for IM and GM norms.
- We offer free accommodation (8 days) at the college residences (right next to the tournament site) for IMs or WGMs. We also offer free accommodation in a nearby hotel for IMs or WGMs who are ready to share a room with a friend.
- Prize fund : 18 000$ guaranteed.
- Come play in one of the most beautiful venues in Quebec!
- Priority will be given to WGMs. Rooms are limited.
Confirmed grandmasters in the invitational section :
GM Anton Kovalyov
GM Bator Sambuev
GM Andrei Shchekachev
GM Dejan Bojkov
GM Eduardas Rozentalis
GM Reynaldo Vera
GM Walter Arencibia
GM Matthieu Cornette