Friday, February 1, 2008

Friday Night Miscellany

Ohmygoddess, what a week, darlings! I'm exhausted (what's new, heh?) We got about 9 inches of wet, heavy snow between noon yesterday and noon today - I've been plowed in twice since 5:30 a.m. and every bone in my body aches just from shoveling a narrow path from the front door down to the road and mailbox and clearing off about half the deck out back to put some critter food down. Must feed the critters! The only good thing about this is that the bitter cold has departed (for now), and it got up to 34 F today. The bad news is that this makes the snow even more wet and more heavy. Sigh. This week has been relatively "slow" news-wise - at least, the kind of news I'm most interested in. Conversely, I'm rushing to get into form my next column for Chessville. Sure, I've got all the news here at the blog in more or less coherent parts, but trying to condense everything, add lots of photos (required by the editor), add witty commentary and some games in PGN (forget about analysis, it will NEVAH happen; not only don't I understand enough about the game of chess at that level to make it so, I lack any kind of computer program to do that sort of thing - and I ain't interested in acquiring one either -- or learning how to use it!) Here's a funny story (unintentionally, to be sure, but still hilarious), about a Viking burial site. Not only is the picture NOT of any berzerker I've ever imagined (even the phoney Vikings in the Tony Curtis movie looked more legit than this guy), note the caption under the picture: The bodies may belong to the Vikings from 5000AD. Ha ha ha! 5000 AD is 3,092 years in the future... Tub, the leader of the squirrel pack in Brian Doyle's backyard in Lake Oswego, knows how to use tools... A brief (and very interesting) history of Ground Hog Day... ..night!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...