Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Continuing Saga of Selling/Buying a Home

Last night, I was left dangling, waiting for a promised counteroffer that didn't come. When I arrived at the office this morning just before 8:30 a.m., I checked my email and had not received the counteroffer for the 110th Street property. Oh oh. I didn't receive word until 9:26 a.m. I REALLY wanted to say nope, too late, our deal is null and void because the seller missed the response deadline. But then common sense kicked in. I have already looked at the cream of the crop houses in my price range in the area that are on the market, and the house I offered for was THE one. To have to start all over again, with that fear of not finding a suitable house to move to if my buyers are successful in bringing things to closing (assuming all the stuff would fall in place that I've been going through with my offer on 110th St. -- an offer on their current home being accepted, suitable time lines, my house passing inspection by their expert, etc. etc.) Oy! So even though it left a bad taste in my mouth, I signed acceptance of the damn counteroffer cutting my time to get to closing by a month - the deadline is now officially February 26, 2009. I do not for a single second believe that this will be achievable. But now I have to go forward and have an inspection within 10 days and write the check for the earnest money deposit. Cha ching! In the meantime, I have a meeting tomorrow with that loan officer from my current mortgage lender who doesn't know how to tell time - but it may be a snow day tomorrow and the office may be closed, in which case I won't be downtown and won't be making that meeting! Geez - looking out the window at the moment it apears as if everything is now coated in ice, and that 40 degree F temperature when I left the office at 4:30 pm. as since dropped down to 21 degrees F. The worst of the snow has yet to arrive...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...