Sunday, May 29, 2011

Is spring finally here?

It must be here.  While walking to the Pick 'n Save this morning I got wolf whistled at from a passing car.  Now, darlings, that hasn't happened for a couple of years at least.  I thought my wolf-whistle days were behind me. I must look pretty good from the back, LOL!

Maybe it's the hair.  I had it highlighted recently (to hide the grey) with honey blond.  Yes, I gave up my signature red hair in early 2008. It was no longer flattering, so I thought, to my skin tone.  I went to brown but it was too dark.  So I went to a pro and had my hair colored and, starting about 16 months ago, gave in to her gentle badgering and allowed her to put in a few minor highlights. I've been very happy with the results, but I can no longer call myself a redhead. I had new highlights put in a few weeks ago. Now it's as light as I've ever worn it, and it's gotten lighter of late because of working outdoors so much.  My hairdresser told me that would happen, but I didn't believe her.  Turns out she was 100% spot on.

Maybe it was the nearly blondish hair I'm now sporting that caught someone's eye, or maybe my sashshaying walk -- Mr. Don once told me that I had a "particular" walk that he could pick out in a crowd.  Not sure he meant it in a good way...  Anyway, to the man who must have spring on the brain and gave me the wolf whistle - THANK YOU :)

Okay - I've got to get outside and continue the back yard clean-up.  I'm racing against incoming storms!

More later...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...