Friday, May 12, 2023

I'm Still Standing After All These Years! Brief Update

Hola!  I just had to drop by to let you know what I saw today in the news.  The Moscow Times has published an article about the Russian government building an American Ex-Pat village outside of Moscow for future immigrants.  Here is a link to the article published on May 11, 2023 titled "Russia to Build 'Migrant Village' for Conservative American Expats," no reporter/author attribution listed.

Please note that the Russian government has not officially announced such a project, and it should further be noted that ex-pat Canadians are also welcome.

Interesting, n'est-ce pas? I have plenty to say on the subject but if I wrote what I wanted to the post might be censored or something - something about "Community Standards"?  I haven't been here for quite awhile.  You know, life gets in the way and then there was the COVID-19 pandemic that put just about everybody on the planet out of whack when it came to what we had previously considered "the new normal."  

It appears that if I get a little too rowdy about my stand on certain political matters or even make some comments about misogny or something regarding chess my post may be blocked or come with a "warning."  I find that rather interesting, since everybody on the face of the planet must by now understand that I am a Wisconsin Progressive from a family of Wisconsin Progressives that pre-date Wisconsin becoming a state in 1848. You know - I'm of French (on the paternal side) and Polish (on the maternal side) descent and if you look at the history of those countries, you see where the liberal fighting spirit and the desire for equality for all comes from.   I also don't pull punches, and I guess that's considered not polite or something.  Maybe because I'm a woman and I'm not supposed to actually throw punches?  Oh, whatever.

I have other things to post, including the results of the two most recent chess tournaments to which I provided funding for special women's prizes:  The Hales Corners Chess Challenge XXXII held April 29, 2023 (Wisconsin) and the 16th Annual Grand Pacific Open Chess Tournament held April 7-10, 2023 in Victoria, British Columbia (Canada).  

But for now, I'm getting back to checking out today's news, and then I'm going to watch my favorite gardening videos because darlings, you know, this is the time of year when I'm super-busy continuing to clean out the gardens from last year's debris and getting the lawn up to par. Yes - I've turned into ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE, gasp!  

I've said it before and I'll say it again, NOW I understand why the retirees in the neighborhood where I used to live had the most beautiful yards and garden beds, while I worked away over 46 years for five, sometimes six and even seven days a week in one downtown office or another and had only the weekends (or days after 6:30 p.m. when I wasn't working on some last minute rush something or other) to get out and do yardwork, never-ending yard work!

So, who do you know spends three hours trimming the edges along their lawn (sidewalk areas only).  ME.  I still have all the trimming to do along the driveway(I've actually no idea how long it is) and the curbside on my 75 foot wide lot.  It is absolutely true darlings:  A woman's work is never done - unless she doesn't want to have a nice looking front yard, back yard, and garden beds.  Competitive - who, me?  Nah!



 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...