Thursday, August 17, 2023

And I'm Still Here After All These Years - Darlings! WTF is FIDE Doing?

Hola from Milwaukee.  The rumors of my premature departure from blogging - well, not so wrong. But...

I am turning 72 year old on August 19th darlings.  Give me a break!  I don't have the energy I used to although the drive and the mind are still there.  Don't you know what the New Testament scripture by a certain so and so Apostle said about "the soul is willing but the body is weak?" Yeah - think about it.  

Enough of that hoo haa.  Let's get to woo woo!  I got my girlish figure back.  I'm not going into all of the oh - well, never mind boring details.  it took awhile (five years) of getting more physically active and cutting down on all the fatty crap - YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!  

It's summer in Milwaukee and I am busy whenever the dew point permits working out in the backyard and the front yard and puttering around endlessly in my flower gardens.  Yeah yeah, so it's boring to you young folks.  For me, I'm thrilled to be able to do that hard work.  How many of you can spend an hour cutting a backyard lawn PERFECTLY when it's 85 degrees F and the dew point is 62, heh?  And the front yard is nearly twice as large.  Go for it - bet you'd pass out.  I don't - but then, I know my limitations and take plenty of time to rest in the air conditioning inside my house and rehydrating between bouts of mowing and dumping the grass clippings and spread them around in my various garden beds.  You wanna work hard, you wanna get a real work-out and sweat half your butt off - come see me. I'll put you to work!

Okay, got that off my not so perky chest these days but bras do wonders for making you look perky ladies, even at 72.  Yeah yeah yeah, the calendar tells me I'm not a young hot chick any more.  I'm an old hot chick.

Now - for the latest:  Surely you've all seen the reporting on FIDE's most recent spewing out yet another pile of absolutely fear-filled pile of nothing about banning "trans-gender females" from competing in FIDE chess events.  

Darlings, don't even get me started on the blatant sexism and misogyny that "temporary" (or whatever they're trying to pass it off as) "ruling" issued by FIDE that today was reported by multiple news outlets - talk about ginning up the haters, wowsers.  If you haven't already read some of the reporting, below are links to three trust-worth sources:

From BBC News online:  "Transgender women banned from women's chess events." 
No author or date listed, but I copied the url today (August 17, 2023). 

From CNN online:  "FIDE bans transgender women from competing in women’s chess events pending ‘further analysis’"
By Ben Church, CNN Update 11:46 AM EDT, Thu August 17, 2023

And from The Guardian online:  "Trans women banned from world chess events while review takes place."
From Associated Press, Thu 17 Aug 2023 09.16 EDT

Said "review" may take up to two years.  Yeah.  So what female chess players complained?  Or was it the male chess players who complained?  Inquiring minds want to know!

Personally, the whole issue is ridiculous as far as I'm concerned.  chess is a MIND game.  If you can't hack it, why are you playing chess on a professional level trying for the big bucks and big titles?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...