Saturday, July 21, 2007

Mon Roi Women's Grande Prix Finale

Hola everyone! I'm officially on vacation as of 12:00 a.m. and have glorious freedom to sleep late, indulge myself to the utmost and be absolutely lazy for the next nine days! Sooooo, I may not be hanging around here much unless I wake up at 3 a.m. and decide to post the odd what. Right now I'm taking a break from cleaning the bathrooms - one down, one to go - and for some reason it struck me as entirely appropriate to do a post here. Go figure :) Here is the official website for the Grande Prix Finale. There are eight women who made it to this finale: (1) IM Irina Krush (USA) (2) GM Pia Cramling (SWE) (she earned her GM ranking shortly after Susan Polgar did in the early 90's) (3) WGM Iweta Rajlich (POL) (4) WGM Ketevan Arakhamia-Grant (GEO) (5) WGM Jovanka Houska (ENG) (5) WGM Lela Javakhishvili (GEO) (7) WGM Cristina Adela Foisor and (8) Myriam Roy (CAN). First prize is $4,500 (I was in error when I published earlier that it is $7,000) plus a diamond-studded watch - too modern for my old-fashioned taste but a girl can never have too many diamonds. All hotel and transportation expenses for the players are being paid by the event sponsors. Nice! "Sofia" rules are in effect - no draws for the first 40 moves, so the players will be earning their pay. No offense against Krush, but Pia Cramling has always been one of my favorite players so I'm rooting for her to win this event!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...