Saturday, April 9, 2011

More on the European Individual Chess Championship and Judit Polgar

Dylan Loeb McClain, who lost his chess blog due to lack of interest I suppose (unfortunate for chess), has a new article up at The New York Times:

Chess
A Four-Way Tie for First, and a Controversial Finish
By DYLAN LOEB McCLAIN
Published: April 9, 2011

Judit Polgar features in the article for her third place finish and her fine play.  McClain has a game that you can play through, Judit's victory over Viorel Iordachescu of Moldova -- it's the lower board or diagram in the article.  You can click on the board/diagram and if you have Java on your computer up will pop a chessboard with pieces arrayed, and a list of the moves on the left hand side.  To start the game, you just click on the first move in the list, the pieces move by themselves on the board, and you can go back and forth on the moves list as much as you want.

I played through Judit's game and just shook my head.  No way would I ever play a chess game this way.  Just about every move I was saying "why the hell are they doing that?"  LOL!  That's why I'm no grandmaster and will never, ever in my wildest dreams, be a Judit Polgar! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...