Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Chess Training - 2

I asked and Brian answered - LM Brian Wall, whom I first met online many moons ago! Brian seems to be all over the place - he's at Facebook, he's at My Space, he's a chess coach, an author of books teaching people (like me) how to play chess (I did order Learn How to Play Chess Like an Animal cuz I loved the name so much) a dad, a chum, just an all around good guy. We are now engaged in two online chess games so he can assess my skills (ahem). They will be finished in due course. In the meantime, my two games at redhotpawn are going apace. I'm playing with Shira -- that games look to devolve into a shoot-out at the O-K Corral (a/k/a the middle of the board) which WILL commence after my latest move, whew! Things are tense, folks, tense. My second game is - well, I'm not sure, but I think I may have a checkmate in sight. If this turns out to be true, this would be my very first victory at that playing venue, and the first win in a long long long time playing online. We'll see.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...