Sunday, November 23, 2008

2008 Chess Olympiad

Here is a photo of Narmin Kazimova playing Board 4 for Azerbaijan, in R10 playing against WGM Maria Leconte of France. They drew their game. Photo from the website europe-echecs.com. They have a nice spread put together. I tried the official Dresden website out of desperation to see if I could find out what was going on with the women's teams. What a nightmare! Only the top six teams showed up on the page, no matter what I did I could not get the USA teams to show up under either the Open section or the Damen's section! Narmin, what a head of hair! I'm jealous. As of now, the Russian women are beating the Hungarian women 2:0; France is beating Azerbaijan 2 1/2:1/2; Anna Zatonskih defeated Irina Gevorgyan of Uzbekistan for the only game score thus far in USZ v. UZB; China v. Georgia is at 1:1; Serbia and Ukraine are tied with 1/2 point each; and Poland is leading Armenia 1:0. Now I really must go out and mow over those leaves... Go Anna! She's in good stead for a medal on Board 2 with 1 round to go.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...