Friday, February 5, 2010

A Girly Evening

I wouldn't exactly say I got suckered into coming.  After all, it was a party being hosted by one of my sisters and one of my nieces, and I didn't have a really good excuse for not going, since this sis also works downtown and offered to motor me to her home (the location of the party) and back to my home (waaayyyy across town).  So, I said okay, I'll come -- secretly hoping she'd forget all about me when the day came...

But she didn't forget about me.  So, last night, I met my sis Yvonne at the mall and we arrived at her place about 5:40.  The "party" - a presentation by a representative of L'Bri, a company founded by a Wisconsin couple, was due to start at 6:30 more or less.  While I fed myself and chatted with my brother-in-law, a great-niece, a great-nephew, my sister, a niece and a niece-in-law (is that a legal term?) and received an education on Sponge Pants Bob on cable television courtesy of my great-niece -- my sister, niece and niece-in-law chopped, blended, mixed, and laid out a veritable smorgasbord of food (enough to feed Coxy's Army - 10 bonus points if you remember hearing that expression from your parents!)

Soon enough we were all seated around tables and faced with magnifying mirrors (which I did not look into the entire evening, thank you very much), and the presentation began.  I had done some research before hand and I was not able to locate a single negative comment about the products.  That, in and of itself, was very strange!  So, I was prepared to be skeptical about any outlandish claims, although I would be a good sister and keep my mouth shut about my doubts!

I have to say Liz is very good at what she does, and very natural.  It was soon clear either she is the best damn actress in the entire world or she is just a warm, friendly person who is totally in love with the products she sells.  Everyone had a good time as we sampled various products in the skin care line, and I eventually volunteered to have one-half of my face made-over with L'Bri's cosmetic product line.  Half of me was gorgeous by the end of the evening...

It was a fun time.  I spent too much but, what the hell, it's my sister.  She has been using the products for 2 weeks and has been impressed by the changes she has seen in the condition and texture of her skin.  She also convinced my brother-in-law to try the body lotion, and -- he's such a good sport, LOL! -- he was called out of the sanctuary of the family room  to show us newly-smooth elbows minus alligator skin, thanks to using the body lotion daily.  As I am also plagued with Wisconsin alligator skin during the long, cold, dry winters (I think a lot of us are, but it is a topic swept under the rug, you know...)  My sis is no one's fool, and if she was impressed with these products, I figured it's a gamble well worth taking. 

What I liked most of all is that you are not pressured to buy anything.  I also liked that an order is not a 'repeat' order like, unfortunately, so many skin care products are sold on the internet today -- you must provide a credit card number, you must have automatic order refill ever 30, 60 or 90 days at a set (usually close to $100) price.  You must cancel via email (yeah, good luck with that!) if you decide you no longer want to order the product.  Bla bla bla.  L'Bri isn't like that - which I really appreciate.

And this was fun, being with family, old friends, some new friends, gossipping, good munchies (I restricted myself to cucumber, green pepper and pretzel rounds) while trying out the products.  I have to say I was impressed with how the products worked.  So - 20 years off in 3 weeks!!!  Nah - that's not a claim Liz the L'Bri lady made to anyone, LOL!  That's what I want!!! 

Hell, I'll take 10 years.  I'll report back in 3 weeks and let you know what I think.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...