Sunday, February 22, 2009

Candidates' Match

I don't normally discuss chess dudes, particularly chess dudes with really bad hair, but since Kamsky is playing and he's USA, what the heck! Rules are made to be broken (sometimes). It's the half-way point in the match and it's all tied up after Game 4. I've been following the action, as previously written, at Susan Polgar's blog where she has been providing live commentary. She will be providing live commentary again tomorrow for Game 5 and I'll try to sneak peeks every now and then since the action will be taking place while I'm at the office. Probably the best quote I've seen thus far about this match is from Mig at his Daily Dirt blog: [But] Topalov has never been a slow, maneuvering player and only plays the Lopez on very rare occasions. (Against Sicilian-basher Polgar, for example.) Kamsky, on the other hand, speaks the Spanish as a native language and loves a slow grind so much you'd think he was dancing a rumba. That gave me a big laugh and a big thumbs up to clever M. Greengard, who certainly has a way with words :) I'm still chuckling. Many of the folks who comment at Mig's blog are also clever with words and can actually string two coherent thoughts together in one paragraph. Imagine!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...