Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday Night Miscellany

Hola darlings! A landmark of sorts - we have passed 2,200 posts at our blog! When I awoke this morning it was to a world covered in ice. After taking a look out the front door and venturing a step off the front stoop, I did not even fetch my morning newspaper, and so my allowed cup of coffee per day (except when the investment club meets at Meyer's Restaurant) was drunk without the benefit of my usual reading material. I read an old decorating magazine instead :) Not venturing down the drive to fetch the paper at the road, needless to say I did not venture the 3/4 mile walk to the bus stop to go to the office today. Later, the sun came out and although the temperature stayed below freezing all day, the sun was strong enough to melt the ice off the driveway - not sure when that happened. When I checked around 4:30 p.m. the driveway was mostly ice-free, so I was able to fetch both newspaper and mail. In the meantime, I patched the nail holes and areas in the upstairs bath where the wallpaper border pulled away the paint, exposing coverless drywall. I sanded later. What a chore, yech! Tomorrow I shall prime, and do taping and drop cloths. I expect to get at least a couple of walls painted. But first, I must give everything one last go-over with broom and dust cloth to get up what sanding residue I missed today, etc. etc. Some items I found of interest: I read this article in the newspaper yesterday (today?) I can't say I'm surprised, but why were the scientists surprised by the findings? - what gives with those dudes anyway? Evidently they have very little active imagination! The Arctic and Antarctic regions are warming faster than previously thought, raising world sea levels and making drastic global climate change more likely than ever, international scientists said on Wednesday. More baloney from the evolutionists - world's oldest human footprint. Well, if it's human and it's 1.7 million years old, why are you still drawing mankind that old as apes? Wow! I'm watching this program right now on PBS - "The Linguists" - and it's fascinating. Wish I was 20 years younger with that energy, I'd go back to school in a flash and take up this as a calling. "What Happens When a Language Dies?" "Why You Might Not Realize You Are Dead" - hmmmm...okay...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...