Monday, March 9, 2009

Gee - Ya Think?

Too tired to carry on tonight - daylight savings time has thrown my poor system for a loop. I HATE losing that hour of daylight in the morning during this time of year. It was DARK when the alarm went off at 6 a.m. this morning, yech! I found this rather amusing: Sail Like An Egyptian It turns out the oldest seafaring ships ever found actually work By Jeremy Hsu Posted 03.09.2009 at 2:10 pm Well gee - ya think? DOH I found this rather disgusting: Medieval Vampire Skull Found The remains of a woman's skull with a rock thrust into its jaws is evidence of the mediaeval fear of vampires, Italian anthropologists have claimed. By Nick Squires in Rome Last Updated: 11:16PM GMT 08 Mar 2009 Oh please. I found this rather intriguing: Christopher Columbus was actually Pedro Scotto, a blonde, freckle-faced fella of Scottish ancestry Last Updated: 10:42PM GMT 08 Mar 2009 I found this rather uplifting: Whoa! Must be some kind of record - a 10 year old squirrel not in captivity!?! FYI, average life of a squirrel out there is 4-6 years. So this is truly a story of a mini-miracle in the world of nature, and a story of hope for the future for post-Katrina traumatized lands: March 9, 2009 (KATC TV) Songbirds, critters making post-hurricane comeback Information from: The Times-Picayune, http://www.timespicayune.com Tired and dragging as I've been all day, I was heartened on my trek to the bus stop this morning to hear my first robin song of the season - it sounded like a young male just trying it out for the first time :) And tonight on the even longer and tireder - ur, that's not a word, but it's how I feel (more tired than before) - trek from the bus stop back home, I heard the trills of both male and female red-winged blackbirds. And just about half a block from home, in one of my neighbor's large blue spruces, I spied a flash of purplish-red on the breast of a tiny bird - a male house finch! They are back! So, even if the weather is crappy and tomorrow night my entire house may be crushed by the giant tree in the back yard that finally succumbs to forecast gale-force winds out of the northwest, the birds know - spring is here! There is hope -

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...