Saturday, May 2, 2009

Hales Corners Chess Challenge IX: More Photos!

Hola darlings! I'm taking a break for the moment from yard work! You just would not believe how many nut shells I've raked up thus far - well, that's what I get, feeding 13 squirrels. Anyway, it's such a gorgeous day that instead of painting the bathroom prior to Mr. Don's arrival from Montreal on the 7th, I'm outdoors and at this break I've got the laptop set up on the patio. A wireless connection is a wonderful thing, indeed :) Here are two more photos from the Hales Corners Chess Challenge IX held last Saturday. The top one (at least, I hope it's the top one, I'm not too swift working with a croll pad rather than a mouse) shows the action in Round 3 on the top tables; the other shows some of the chess femmes who attended this tournament in action. Whoa, the wind is starting to pick up, and the lap top is exhibiting signs of wanting to tip over; time to put a jacket on and put the laptop away, and get my butt back to work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jan, the gentleman on the right, in the tan shirt is Elizabeth Emery's step-father, Jason Flanders. She was a femme chess powerhouse in the Reserve Section. He is playing against NM Erik Santarius in Round 3 action.

Jan said...

Thanks for the info, Anon on May 4th at 3:58 p.m.

Can anyone identify the chess femmes in the second Photo?

I would like to receive emails from Nicole Neimi and Sandra Pahl. Email me at www.goddesschess.com - there is an email button on the left hand navigation bar down the page.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...