Saturday, November 3, 2012

Try a Little Tenderness....

I don't know what it is, darlings, but for the past few days I've got that old song in my head and it just won't fricking go away!  ACH!

Probably worst of all is that I don't remember it exactly as Otis Redding originally sang it; I keep coming up with these ooozey, sexy versions belting out of my lips as I slink up (and back down) the stairs at home, pretending to sing into a mike.  Oh my....

And today I was doing that at the office too.  Oh oh....  Fortunately, it's Saturday, and hardly anyone is there.  Those of us who do work on Saturday are usually mutual nut-cases like moi. 

I made up words, I made up movie scenes over the past couple of days, LOL!  Damn, I should have pursued that world of professional writing years ago.  Alas.  Ain't gonna do it now, darlings.  But I came up with some good stuff.  Really good stuff.  Strangest yet, I'm in fine voice at the moment.  That doesn't always happen.  I've been singing true to pitch and hitting notes I haven't been able to hit in years.  What the hell does it all mean?  Damned if I know.

But tonight I thought I'd bring you this really wonderful version of a part of Otis' classic song, featuring Annie Potts (why was she NOT EVER a SUPERSTAR?  She is fabulous in this part, just as she was in Ghost Busters) and Molly Ringwald -- with Jon Cryer in the role as the seranader... well -- I hope you love it as much as I did:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...