Friday, September 9, 2011

2011 City of Montreal Chess Championships

Hola darlings!  I may be in St. Louis but my heart is in Montreal :)

The Montreal Championnat starts today at the beautiful College Le Beuf location (same as last year).  I just checked the latest pre-registered players and we're up to 193!  Excellent!  Please please please keep those registrations coming in.  There is, of course, open registration this evening before Round 1 begins and if you're still standing in line when the tournament begins you'll get a bye.

I had planned on coming to Montreal for this year's Championnat but then all these events came up, literally in the blink of an eye (so to speak), in St. Louis and, well, darlings, here Isis and I are, in St. Louis.\

So - as it goes, I will be attending the Championnat in spirit only and if I'm still standing when I arrive back at the suite later tonight I will put up a report on the first round's action!  Good luck to Mr. Don, who will be providing photos, etc. from Montreal.   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...